Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Golf Anyone? ~ The Paper Element ~


I went for a whimsical look with this layout, going for a more children's storybook feel. The patterned papers from The Paper Element were cut out to form the tree trunk, foliage and rolling plains. I doodled around the cardstock and patterned papers and clouds to add to the childlike touch.

Just to add, the picture of the signboard in the foreground was a photo of a sign I saw at Sentosa (a resort island off Singapore) which warned that cars were parked at their own risk because peacocks, the resident wildlife, were likely to attack shiny objects during mating season. I thought that was hilarious! :)

Supplies used:
The Paper Element's Green Apple line: Clover, Mint Leaf, Celery Stalks and Buds in Bloom for the foliage, grass and photo matt;
The Paper Element's Orchard line's Spice Cranberry for the tree trunk;
The Paper Element's coordinating rub-ons from the Green Apple line;
Maya Road chipboard bird which I crackle painted;
Flowers from Prima; and
Buttons from Autumn Leaves and other sources.

3 comments:

polinka said...

really cute! I love the tree! :)

Sassy Sasha said...

Hey you .. thanks for commenting on my entry over at Treasured Scrapbooking, how you been? So you got all your projects done yet for PE..I have some left to do .. to send to Ann ..

Alright boo .. talk to you later

Sasha
http://sassysasha.typepad.com

CAKVD said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I've been wanting to try a layout with a tree in it! You've inspired me!
Cheryl