Saturday, July 12, 2008

In the Mood for Cheongsam


Here's one I did for Lotus Paperie's Challenge #80 as their Guest Designer. The challenge was to use design elements from this movie poster.

I enjoyed doing this layout because I've wanted to scrap these pictures of my dd in different cheongsams for some time. The title is a play off a Hong Kong movie titled "In the mood for love" where the lead actress set the standard for looking absolutely gorgeous in cheongsam.


The layout uses mostly Making Memories' Noteworthy Addie Collection, including the lace and ric-rac. Even the butterfly is diecut and embossed from Addie pp. I stickled and cut out the background paper to emphasise the design and layered several Prima flowers to create dimension and stickled those as well.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Susan, your layout is a work of art - as always- I love how you use the word 'stickle' as a verb. I think that is just too cool! Thanks for playing along, it's been a pleasure to have you.

CAKVD said...

BEAUTIFUL layout!!!
Cheryl