Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love Songs



Here's another Valentine's Day project. :) It's a wall hanging I created as Guest Designer for Gauche Alchemy using their January Kit.

I call it Love Songs because each altered chipboard square has song titles with the word LOVE in it. I tore up pieces of vintage music sheet, inked the edges and mod-podged them to the chipboard square. I then added in cut-outs from the other vintage elements in the kit and completed the vintage shabby look with lace, ribbons and some pearls.





Some shots from a different angle:
Incorporated a little fabric in this square. And that little butterfly's from the stamp that came with the kit.


The song Love Love Love always reminds me of Love Actually. What a funny sweet movie. :)

Looking at this project always makes me sing. :)

That's a cut-out from a vintage magazine. Explains the oldie-but-goodie lovey song title. :D

10 comments:

Wendy Kwok said...

Gorgeous one... love this and all the details inside.

Cheryl KVD said...

This is fabulous!!!! Well done!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

SO LOVELY !!

AbbieTorroll said...

That is SOOOOOOOOO pretty!!! Love the little rope on there! I HAVE to remember that!

Marie Levite said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Michele Reed said...

Saw this in the ScrapScene newsletter, just HAD to come over and take a closer look! This is gorgeous, and inspiring!
Michele-Little Red Cottage

the dreamer said...

This is such a cool project! Saw this on Gauche Alchemy then Scrapscene today! Congrats on the guest DT stint and on being featured! =)

*hugs*
Nina

lialuvsblythes said...

that's a great banner Susan, the vertical orientation and ribbon backing reminded me of how Katie Watson did hers on the Pink Paislee blog (http://pinkpaislee.com/2008/11/katie-watson/)!

Sue said...

Wow Lia! Thanks for directing me to the Pink Paislee blog. I'd never seen that banner before and yes, I'm tickled by the similarity. :D And here I was thinking I was so original!

M.Y. Creative Rose Garden said...

This is so perfect for Valentines Day (and any other day of the year)
You did an awesome job on this.