Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Altered Candy Jar

I recently posted a little tutorial on the Your Scrapbook Stash blog on how to create a 3 dimensional embellishment. I've reproduced the tutorial here.

I love dimension on my projects and a simple way to achieve this is by using accordion flowers. Make them out of a strip of patterned paper, layer other embellishments on top and you're ready to go.

Here's the 3D embellishment I made using Webster's Papers Waiting for Santa patterned papers:



To make the accordion flower, cut a strip of patterned paper measuring 12x2 inches. Punch a decorative border along one side.

  

Accordion fold the strip.



Glue the ends together, flatten it and attach the accordion flower to a circular piece of cardstock.



Gather up different elements you want to add to your embellishment. Here's what I used:



Layer the different elements on top of the accordion flower.



And that's it. Here's my completed 3D embellishment on my altered candy jar that's all ready for Christmas candy. :)

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

It's so so so very pretty!

Viola Mahr said...

that is soo soo gorgeous! Thank you for the tutorial, now I just need to get the punch :) love the way you added it to the jar!

hugs,
Viola

Shirley said...

Oh WOWOWOW! Love that jar! Thanks for the inspiration. I enjoy going through your blog and seeing all the fantastic stuff you come up with!
Hugz
Shirley

LG said...

I will definitely try this! It's gorgeous TFS!

hippy_chick said...

V.creative, i think i may need to buy this MS punch now, hehe

Tanya Tahir said...

this is soo beautiful! I have this punch, so might have to give this a go :)