Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Altered Frame - Bird Cage

This month, the Tattered Angels DT was tasked with creating projects using wood and glimmer mists. I happened to have a couple of Ikea wooden frames at home so here's the first of the frames I altered:


I really enjoyed creating this; playing with some of my favourite products - Tattered Angels mists and stamps, Tim Holtz die cuts, and flowers from Zva Creative and Prima.

I stamped and heat embossed the frame with Tattered Angels’ Tattered Textures clear stamps, then misted with graduated colours from Forest Green, to Olive Vine, to Lime Twist, to Sunshine to Peach Delight. As you can see the embossed images resist the mists beautifully.


I die cut the bird cage and bird out of grunge paper and attached them to the wooden frame, curving the cage so it looks 3-dimensional.



The bird was misted with Caribbean Blue and the birdcage with Suede glimmer mist. Love the way the mists catch the sunlight and just glimmer.



Thanks for dropping by. :)

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

such a cute cute cute home decor!!! great job Sue!

LG said...

Holy cow Sue! This is amazing! I love what you did with this especially that cool bird cage! I wish I am at least half as good as you when it comes to altered projects and BTP

Tanya Tahir said...

Sooo stunning Sue! Love the frame and birdcage :)

Arlene Camacho said...

Oh my goodness, be still my heart!

this is gorgeous...I'd hang this!!!

Viola Mahr said...

Wheee! that card is GORGEOUS, Sue! I love birdcages! :) And congrats on the Sassafrass feature, and WP guest DT spot! You're on a ball! :) Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

hugs,
Viola

Christiane said...

LOVE IT!!!!!