Here’s a mini album I created using envelopes and Graphic 45’s new Typography collection. The mini album has lots of pockets for you to insert journaling, notes or little mementos from a vacation.
Want to know how to create the mini album? Read on for the tutorial. :)
List of Supplies:
Graphic 45 Typography Patterned Papers – Typography, Inspire, Celebrate, Create, Inscribe, Dream, Journey, Imagine.
Graphic 45 Typography 8x8 paper pad
1. You’ll need 6 long envelopes for this mini album. My envelopes measure 9.25” by 5”.
2. Slice the closed end of your envelope off so it measures 9” in length.
3. Score half your envelopes at the 3” mark, and the other half at the 6” mark.
4. Fold the envelopes at the score lines and line them up alternately to give a semblance of the mini album pages. My mini album pages measure 6” by 5”, folded.
5. Place Scor Tape across the inner edges of the pages, where the binding will be.
6. Cover the envelopes with Typography patterned papers. As you can see in the photo, I extended the length of the flap on my envelopes.
7. Adhere the envelopes together to form the inside pages of the mini album. The mini album will have alternating large and small pockets.
8. Cut two chipboards measuring 6.25” by 5” for the front and back covers and adhere them to the inside pages.
9. Cover the front and back chipboard covers with patterned paper.
10. Cover the spine with burlap. Patterned paper will do just fine too.
11. Decorate the cover and you're done. :)